- I listen. The first step of any web design project I do is to gather as much information as I can about:
a) Who is involved in the project and their roles
b) Customers (insights & demographics, pain points, obstacles)
c) How do the customers find the business I’m designing for
d) Website expectations (goals, look & feel, brand cohesion
e) Metrics for website’s success
- I reply fast. I never take more than 2 hours to reply to an email (during business hours). Also, I give my clients a timeframe in which they can also find me online on Skype or Whatsapp. A fast communication is how I make sure the project’s momentum is kept, thus going smoothly towards the desired goal.
- I’m very open to feedback.
- I’m proactive. I don’t like to guess, so I know which questions to ask to prevent future mistakes. I like having my clients be comfortable when they’re coming to me with questions and asking for advice.
- I use modern design tools. Long gone are the days when I had to send a 1GB zip archive with PSD files. I design in Sketch, Figma & XD (I always ask my clients which tool they prefer), which makes sharing design easier than ever (Figma is even a collaborative tool, they can also contribute on it). For feedback, I upload my designs into the InVision app to make my client’s life easier when it comes to offering feedback. Rather than having them write a long email and refer to each section, in InVision they can just point, click and share their comments on the spot.
- I deliver on time. I understand that having your work delivered on time is 100x times more important than your talent. Luckily, my almost ten years of experience in the design field allow me to make a correct estimate when it comes to a project’s timeline. As a side note, I deliver my first version of any project in 24-48 hours since it’s official start.
- I pay extra attention to design files. Are the layers clearly organized? Does the design have a style guide where the client can see each element and its state (active, hover, pressed, etc.)? If it comes to a full website Webflow development, I make sure the website has:
a) Favicon, thumb
b) Description and SEO stuff for all pages
c) Metric tools integrated
e) No JS errors
f) No spelling errors or broken links
g) No design bugs on mobile/tablet